Written by Kate Curry
Are you drowning under a tidal wave of yarn scraps from all your WIPs and finished pieces? Don’t throw those colorful little nuggets out! They can still be used to create gorgeous fiber art instead of rotting away!
Why Should You Use Those Scraps
- You’ll be saving yarn from going into the trash! Way to be eco-friendly!
- Scraps are perfect for testing new stitches and techniques.
- You might learn cool techniques using your scraps.
What You Can Make With Your Yarn Scraps
- Multicolored pom poms
- Granny squares
- Ribbon for gift wrap
- Small amigurumi pieces
- String art oryarn painting
- Colorful macrame and yarn rainbows
- Colorful lanterns
- Upcycle your clothes
- Upcycling your old jewelry and accessories
- Unique twine!
- Use them to colorfully mend your clothes
- A whole ball out of scraps!
- Colorful wall hangings
- Small projects, like babyheadbands
- Crochet flowers orleaves
- Support ribbons
- Cute cat toys
- Leaf sewing
- Yarn wrapped letters
- Use them as stuffing or filler for other projects!
- Yarn wrapped bees
- DIY your greeting cards
- Friendship bracelets
We hope you find something on this list that you love! If you have any other projects or crafts that you love to make out of your yarn scraps, please let us know! Send us your creations email@example.com