Written by Kate Curry
Are you drowning under a tidal wave of yarn scraps from all your WIPs and finished pieces? Don’t throw those colorful little nuggets out! Instead, give your yarn scraps new life.
Why Should You Use Those Scraps
- You’ll be saving yarn from going into the trash! Way to be eco-friendly!
- Scraps are perfect for testing new stitches and techniques.
- You can create small art projects, give gifts new life, mend clothes, and much more!
What You Can Make With Your Yarn Scraps
- Multicolored pom poms
- Granny squares
- Ribbon for gift wrap
- Small amigurumi pieces
- String art or yarn painting
- Colorful macrame and yarn rainbows
- Colorful lanterns
- Upcycle your clothes
- Upcycling your old jewelry and accessories
- Unique twine!
- Use them to colorfully mend your clothes
- A whole ball out of scraps!
- Colorful wall hangings
- Small projects, like baby headbands
- Crochet flowers or leaves
- Support ribbons
- Cute cat toys
- Leaf sewing
- Yarn wrapped letters
- Use them as stuffing or filler for other projects!
- Yarn wrapped bees
- DIY your greeting cards
- Friendship bracelets
We hope you find something on this list that you love! If you have any other projects or crafts that you love to make out of your yarn scraps, please let us know! Please share your leftover creations and tag us on social media!