Love DIY Jewelry?
Looking for a fun, DIY craft to bring a pop of color into your wardrobe? These boho macramé earrings are easy to create and add a touch of boho brightness to your outfit. You might want to make multiple pairs as they make great gifts!
Designed by: Samantha Levis -Sammi from @Featherboxart
- Darn Good Yarn Silk Roving Worsted Weight Yarn or Darn Good Yarn Recycled Silk Super Bulky Yarn
- Hoop earrings (size ½” or larger is ideal, tutorial is created using 1”)
- Measuring tape
Measure and cut yarn to 46” length
Thread yarn through one earring hoop and divide left and right strand equally in half.
Make a half knot.
- Working on the front of the earring (the side with the sharp end), cross the left strand over the right and through the loop and pull the the strands tight
Make spiral knots
- To form a spiral knot, cross the left strand over the hoop, right strand over the crossed left strand, behind the hoop, and through the loop formed on the left
- Pull strands tight
- Repeat this step until the hoop is covered in the desired length of macramé spiral knots*
- Once you have your desired length of macramé, gather both strands together
- Lay your index finger on top of the earring hoop, loop both strands over top of your finger (front to back)
- Pull both strands through the center of the earring hoop
- Thread both strands through the loop created on your finger, remove your finger, and pull strands tight to form a knot
- Cut excess yarn after the knot
- Gently twist the macramé to adjust the spiral as you like it
*Occasionally press knots together to prevent gaps from forming. The yarn will naturally spiral and can be adjusted to your ideal twist during the final step.