How to Knit and Crochet on the Go
What’s more fun than working on knit and crochet projects? Knitting and crocheting on the go! One thing that makes these fiber arts so fun and accessible is that they can be done almost anywhere. Did you read about the Olympic athletes who knit while standing above the snowboarding slopes? Whether you are a dedicated church knitter, someone who loves to crochet on the train, or even a traveling knitter who takes her projects to faraway lands, you can count on your craft to always be right by your side (or in your hands). If you haven’t yet taken the leap of traveling outside the country, or even outside the home, with your knit and crochet projects, we are here to show you how it’s done!
Step 1: Pack Up Your Supplies
Okay, so you want to bring that blanket project on your next trip around the world. But if it doesn’t quite fit in your purse, how can you make it happen? This is where the Knitting and Crochet Yarn Storage Bag comes in. This bag has absolutely everything you might need to take your knit and crochet projects on your travels. Multiple pockets, sturdy zippers, adjustable strap and the Darn Good Yarn Logo (to show off your DGY pride!) all help keep your yarn, needles, hooks, and other tools all safe and sound. If you are traveling by car, bus, plane, train, or foot—this bag will be the perfect companion.
Step 2: Grab a Comfy Travel Outfit
For those long travel days, you always want to have something comfortable to wear, especially because planes can be delayed, bus trips can take longer than intended, and things just don’t always go as planned. One of our go-to pieces when packing for a trip is the Sari Wrap Skirt. Miraculously, it is breathable, comfortable, packable, and stylish at the same time. The skirt makes a great conversation piece, as it has an entirely unique look and is handmade, providing sustainable employment for artisans in India.
Love the skirt? Take advantage of our Buy 2, Get 3 Free offer and you will have a whole week of outfit options!
Step 3: Gather Your Travel Tools
Once you have a dependable bag and a travel outfit, it’s time to make sure you’ve got the knitting and crochet supplies you’ll need to make your travel projects a success, rather than a frustrating mess. Check out our Top 5:
1. Keep your yarn organized in a small, lightweight Travel Sized Yarn Bowl. It will help your yarn stay tangle-free through any knit or crochet project
2. Stay on top of your rows and stitches, even with the frequent interruptions that come with travel, using these Glass Knitting Stitch Markers. Throw a few in your Yarn Storage Bag for whenever you need them.
3. Listen up, crochet friends—this Aluminum Crochet Hook Set comes with 22 hooks and a zipper carrying case. I repeat: this travel-friendly set comes with 22 hooks in various sizes! It’s a must-have.
4. As you plan and work through your knit and crochet projects while on the go, you’ll want to keep track of your progress and plans. This Cute Wildlife Daily & Weekly Planner makes it easy. That way, you’ll be able to shift seamlessly from knitting time to tourist time.
5. If you want to be ready to knit anything anywhere, the Aluminum Interchangeable Knitting Needles set is for you! This set comes with a carry case and 13 pairs of needles!