Written by Kate Curry
What is DK Weight Naturally Dyed Recycled Silk Yarn
Our naturally dyed DK weight silk yarn is a fan favorite amongst beginner crafters and life long DGY-ers alike! These gorgeous little cakes are made from 100% anamika silk, which is reclaimed and recycled silk fibers that are spun into our amazing DK weight yarn.
Once our artisans spin the yarn, it is naturally and organically dyed by hand. Our artisans use all natural herbs, flowers, and plants such as rose, indigo, manjistha, and eucalyptus - which are all farmed and harvested sustainably. Talk about some scrumptious sustainable strands!
Tips & Tricks
Length: 150 yards / skein; 750 yards total.
Yarn Weight: 3 - DK
Yarn Material: Anamika Silk (It's from silk waste and fairly traded!)
Needle Size: 5 - 7
Hook Size: I
Gauge: 21-24 sts knit / 12-17 crochet sts per inch
Physical Quality: Soft and Silky!
How to clean: Dry Clean or hand wash cold.
Best for: Knitting, Crocheting, Needlepoint, Embroidery, Tatting
- Come in various colors that are rich and natural!
- 100% organic and natural. Perfect for those with sensitive skin or allergies.
- Soft and silky texture
- Perfect thickness for multiple uses - knitting, crocheting, embroidery, weaving, and loom knitting!
- Due to the natural dying process of this yarn, dye-lots may differ
- No neon or unnatural colors
- That’s it - I love this yarn!
What Can I Make With DK Weight Naturally Dyed Recycled Silk Yarn?
DK weight naturally herbal dyed recycled silk yarn is wildly versatile! It can be used in so many mediums due to the thickness, texture, and gorgeous natural colors.