DIY Holiday Pom-Pom Wreath
The holidays are fast approaching and you know what that means...time to start DECORATING! In this post, we are going to show you can make your own festive holiday Pom-Pom Wreath. Not only is this project super easy and fun, but these wreaths make great gifts for party hosts or hostesses.
One of the best things about this project is that you can replicate it for any season or holiday! We chose to create a Thanksgiving/Harvest Wreath.
Supplies for Pom-Pom Wreath
How to Make Pom-Pom's
- Select Pom-Pom size (this kit comes with 4 sizes).
- Wrap yarn loosely around the semi circle. Once you finish the first half, cut your yarn and repeat the same thing on the second half.
- Fold the pom pom maker in half so it becomes a circle.
- Lock the half's together.
- Take your scissor and cut around the edges.
- Make sure you have cut all the yarn off the edges
- Cut a 8 inch piece of the same color yarn and wrap it around the flat side of the pom-pom maker. Then tie it off.
- Trim your pom-pom so all yarn is the same length (make sure you do not trim your 8 inch piece of yarn used to tie the pom-pom together.
How to Make Your Pom-Pom Wreath
- Make approximately 30 pom-pom's of varying sizes (we only used the largest 3 sizes).
- Cut a 24 inch piece of yarn and fold it in half. Then wrap this around your wreath so it becomes your hanger.
- Once you have your selection of pom-pom's, begin by tying your largest pom-poms to the wreath first (see below).
- When you are happy with the placement of your pom-pom, secure it with a dab of hot glue.
- Continue tying and hot gluing pom-poms until your wreath looks complete.
- Once all pom-poms are tied, flip your wreath over and trim the excess yarn from the backside.
- Display your wreath for everyone to see!
- Keri O'Brien