Today we're bringing you the SWEETEST little dress for an 18" doll! The Sweetpea Sundress has an a-line skirt and adorable straps that cross and button in the back. This pattern is easy and beginner-friendly, perfect for crocheters of any skill level! Let's get started.
- 150g Skein DGY Sport Silk Weight Yarn
- US H/8 (5mm) Crochet Hook (not included)
- Tapestry Needle, Stitch Marker and Scissors (not included)
- 2 1/2”buttons (not included)
- Finished Measures: length: 9”, waist: 11”
- Gauge: 20 sc per 4inches; 24 rows per 4inches
- PS: Pineapple Stitch: [yoh, insert hook in space given, yoh, draw loop through] 4 times in same place, yoh, draw through first 8 loops on hook, yoh, draw through remaining 2 loops
- The dress (18" doll) features seamless construction, fastening in the back with two 1/2” buttons. The skirt is crocheted with a pineapple stitch in the round. The waist is gathered simply by switching to single crochet. The half double crochet bodice has two single crochet straps that cross in the back. A simple shell edging is added to the skirt hem after construction has finished.
- CH: Chain
- SC: Single crochet
- ST(s): Stitch(es)
- SCD: Single Crochet Decrease
- HDC: Half Double Crochet
- SL ST: Slip Stitch
- YOH: Yarn Over Hook
With 5mm hook, ch 100, sl in first ch to form a ring.
Round1: 1PSinsamech, ch1, *skip1ch, PSinnextch, ch1, repeat from*to last ch, skip 1ch, slst in first ch1 sp.(50PS)
Round2:PS in first ch1 sp, *ch1, skip1PS, PSinnextchsp, repeat from * ending ch1, slst in first ch1 sp.
Round 3-7: Repeat Round 2.
Round 8: Sl st in top of next PS, ch 1, sc in same space, place stitch marker to mark beginning of round, sc in top of each PS around. Do not join round (50 sc)
Round 9-12: Sc in each st around, moving marker at beginning of each round. (50 sc)
Round 13: *sc in next 6 st, scd in next st, repeat from * around. Do not join round. (35 sc)
Round 14: hdc in each st around. Do not join round. (35 hdc)
Round 15-17: repeat Round 14
Round 18: hdc in each st around. Join with sl st in top of first hdc.
Row 1: ch 2, skip next st, hdc in next 21 st. Turn. (22 hdc)
Row 2: ch 2, skip first 2 st, hdc in next 18 st, skip next st, hdc in top of ch-2. Turn. (20 hdc)
Row 3: ch 2, skip first 2 st, hdc in next 16 st, skip next st, hdc in top of ch-2. Turn. (18 hdc)
Row 4: ch 2, skip next st, hdc in each st across. Turn. (18 hdc)
Row 5: ch 2, skip next st, hdc in each st across. Turn. (18 hdc)
Row 2-25: Repeat Row 1.
Row 28-30: Repeat row 1. Finish off. Join with sl st in top of ch 2 on other side of bodice front. Repeat rows 1-30.Finish off.
Join with a sl st in the bottom of a PS along the hem.*5dc into bottom of next PS, sl st into bottom of next PS, repeat from * until last space, 5dc into bottom of last PS, sl st into beginning space. Fasten off.
Weave in all ends.Sew 2 buttons on back of bodice, approximately 1” either side of center.