10 Last Minute Holiday Gift Ideas
Hey, we love supporting you with your crafting dreams and about now, we know that you could use some inspiration with gifts for the holiday season. How do we know this? Because we, too, are doing the last minute frenzied, crazies! How is it that every year there is always one more thing to do or one more person that I want to bake, buy, or bundle with holiday joy?
Well, I am writing this blog because the Darn Good Yarn team wants to lighten your load. I mean, for those celebrating Chanukah, Christmas, Winter Solstice, Kwanzaa, or whatever you get festive with, it's time to do the last minute gifts and get on with the festivities! I have some great suggestions on how to get through this and do it stress free!!!
1. Grab a glass of wine or a cup of your favorite tea! Set that glass away from your computer or handheld device but refer to that glass regularly!
2, If you have a list, grab that, too, and know that it's time to finish up that list whether they have been naughty or nice. Let's get to this!
3. Sip said beverage (see #1) and be realistic with that list. You want a gift for this or that person, but it may be too late to start that beautiful Lotus Lace Shawl and the mittens are not happening, at least not in time for the holidays. Hard to imagine that stores will have just what you wanted to gift at this point, so take another sip of said beverage (yep, #1 again) and relax.
4. So ready for a few thoughts that WILL work for last minute gifting? Hooray! Because I am, too! Let the stress go and still find amazing, joyous ways for giving to the crafter and non-crafter in your life at Darn Good Yarn!
5. Yes, yes, yes! Ho, ho, ho! A gift card from Darn Good Yarn is an excellent last minute gift idea. Found here and on the bottom of our website page, www.darngoodyarn.com, you can choose how much you wish to gift and we will email you a downloadable gift certificate that you can give to any one on your list!
The great thing about this is it's quick, yes, but it also gives that person on your list the gift of choice. They can choose from all of our deliciously unique fibers which any yarn enthusiast will love. We have inspirational patterns and kits, too, that they can get using their gift card. And did you know, we have all kinds of great options for the creative lifestyle, even when the person is not into crafting like our amazing sari silk skirts.
6. Here's another quick idea! Downloadable patterns give new inspiration to your craft person and we have patterns for all different types of crafting! You will find the downloads in your email after you purchase them! Print them out, wrap them with some ribbon, and viola, you can head back to #1 here!
7. Definitely time for a bit more beverage (#1, of course) and here is another simple idea for last minute gifting; the Darn Good Yarn Adult Coloring Book is a quick little download and pairing this with crayons, pencils, or paints makes for a sweet gift. Because we love stress-free living, we of course, had to create our own coloring pages! Pairs well with #1!
8. Now, I want to mention our subscriptions! Hmm...we have three really fun options-where to start? Our Premium Darn Good Yarn of the Month subscription is incredibly rewarding for the crafter in your life with premium yarn and patterns. This monthly delivery won't start immediately but ordering before the 1st of the month, guarantees that special someone a special delivery around the 20th of each month!
9. The other yarn club is our Darn Good Yarn of the Month club is super, fun way to gift someone a sampling of yarn and patterns from our diverse fiber collection. Again, placing your order before the 1st ensures a special delivery to that someone on your list starting in January!
10. Our third subscription is our Darn Good Yarn Beads of the Month club! Each month the person you gift will get a box of beads, facets, and a seasonally themed project expertly curated by Designer Maggie Dykzuel. Order now and this too, will ship around the 20th on a monthly basis!
Phew! So many ideas for last minute gift giving at Darn Good Yarn. I love all these ideas and keep in mind, the gift card is easy but also gives the gift of choice which is tremendous for many of us! I think I need to head for #1 after all this shopping!
Happy Holidays from the gang at Darn Good Yarn!
- Janis Minshull