Welcome to Darn Good Yarn, where we transform the ordinary into the extraordinary. Our journey began 15 years ago from Nicole’s spare bedroom with a simple yet powerful mission: to make sustainability affordable, colorful and fun. With Darn Good Yarn, you're not just buying a product; you're supporting a movement for a greener, more beautiful world.
And speaking of magic, don't miss out on our collection of free patterns, including this Crochet Ribbed Boot Cuff! At DGY, we're all about sharing the joy of crafting, and our free patterns are a testament to that spirit. Whether you're a seasoned crocheter or just starting, you'll find inspiration in our ever-growing library of free patterns. So, grab your yarn, your hook, and let your creativity run wild!
Grab the PDF version HERE
Crochet Ribbed Boot Cuff
Skill Level: Easy
By: Darn Good Yarn
- 1 cake of Silk Blend Sport Weight Yarn 80-20 Rule Yarn
- G/6 US (4 mm) crochet hook
- Tapestry Needle and Scissors
- CH: Chain
- ST(S): Stitch(es)
- Sl St: Slip Stitch
- BLO: Back Loop Only
- SC: Single Crochet
- DC: Double Crochet
- SC2tog: Single Crochet 2 Together
- Finished Dimensions: Approximately 5.5” W x 2.5” L
- Gauge: Gauge is not critical
Measure the width of your leg. The sample was made with an 11 inch circumference and sits on the lower part of my leg, above ankle boots. If you want to make them to fit a wider leg, increase the initial ribbing length, but don’t do 4 rows of dc to make up for that extra yarn used.
- Row 1: sc across
- Row 2: ch 1, turn, sc across BLO for 11 inches (or the circumference of your leg) Ch 1, turn your work and sc down the long side, one st in each row
- You will now be working perpendicular to your ribbing
- Row 1-4: Ch 2, turn, dc across
- Row 5: Ch 1, turn, *sc 5, sc2tog* repeat until end of row
Fasten off but leave a long tail for sewing.
With right sides together, sew short edges together using the tapestry needle
Ready to Get Started? Get the Yarn Here!
Join our vibrant community today!
Sign up for email updates HERE to stay in the loop with our latest releases, exclusive offers, and crafting inspiration. Plus, you can spin to win up to a $100 gift card as our way of saying thanks. Let's craft together and make the world more sustainable and beautiful. Join us now!