Written by Kate Curry
What is Spice Market Yarn
What is the spice of life? Funky yarn, that’s what!
Our Recycled Silk Yarn "Spice Market" is a DK weight yarn made out of 100% recycled silk. Much like its cousin, Premium Sari Silk Handspun Yarn, Spice market is handmade by our artisans tearing and spinning strips of recycled silk into gorgeous swirls of colorful yarn.
Due to the nature of this yarn, each skein is unique! The yarn is never dyed, the colors are dependent on the recycled and spun fiber that the artisan has in front of them as they spin. Once the fibers are spun together, you have a durable, colorful, and textured yarn that can be used to make gorgeous creations.
Tips & Tricks
- Length/Weight: 75-80 yards/100 grams
- Yarn Weight: 3 - DK
- Yarn Material: Recycled Silk
- Needle Size: US 5-7
- Hook Size: US I/9 - K
- Physical Quality: Soft, rich and warm - almost fuzzy texture
- How to Clean: Hand wash cold, lay flat to dry or dry clean
- Best for: Knitting, Crochet, Weaving, Jewelry Making, Home Decor, Mixed Media - check out our Moment of Zen Shawl, Quadramesh Crochet Shawl, or Shells and Stripes Purse!
- 100% unique
- Lightweight and flowy
- Textured and fuzzy
- Bright & multicolored
- Due to the handmade nature of the yarn, there are no matching colorways
- Not very elastic
What Can I Make With Spice Market Yarn?
This DK weight yarn is a very versatile yarn that can be used for many projects. I love using it for flowing cowls or other wearable items to show off all the colors that I love! You can make small intricate stitches with the yarn and not have to worry about it being super thin or finicky like lace weight yarn.
- Bags & totes