May 25th is National Wine Day! The perfect day to sit back, relax, put your feet up and treat yourself to a glass of your favorite wine. We're choosing to celebrate with one of our absolute favorite summer beverages - a glass of Red Sangria!
If you've never indulged in a refreshing glass of Sangria before, don't worry! Sangria is very easy to make, and even easier to enjoy!
This red sangria recipe serves 8, is super easy to make and only requires 7 ingredients!
Here's What You'll Need:
- 1 Apple (skin on, chopped into small pieces)
- 1 Orange (rind on, sliced into smaller pieces + saved for garnish)
- 6-8 tbsp of brown sugar
- 2 Cups of Orange Juice
- 1/2 Cup of Brandy (more or less, depending on preference)
- 2 750 ml bottles of dry Red Wine
- 2 Cups of Ice
Now that you've gathered up all of your ingredients, let's get started!
- Muddle your sliced apples, oranges and brown sugar together for about a minute and add to a larger pitcher.
- Add your orange juice and brandy to the pitcher and lightly stir for another minute.
- Add your red wine and stir to incorporate.
- Don't forget to taste it to make sure it's exactly how you want it! You may want to add more wine, brandy or orange juice, depending on your preferences.
- Add your ice and stir again to chill.
- Serve & Enjoy!