Designed By: Nicole Snow
Craft: Knit & Crochet
Category: Accessories: Bag
Needle/Hook Size: US 7 Needles or 5.5 Hook
This is such a fun project! The bright jewel tones of the gorgeous recycled silk sari yarn make for a beautiful, colorful and versatile Yoga Mat Bag. The finished bag can be worn across the body or backpack style, and the drawstring closure keeps your mat secure. The bag is designed to fit yoga mats up to 26" high and 5 1/2" across when rolled up. This pattern is rated at advanced beginner. Please note this listing is for the pattern only not the finished item.
This pattern is available for immediate download after payment has been completed.
For the crochet version: The entire bag is worked in the round, and includes tapestry crochet techniques. This bag is more challenging than our other yoga mat bag, but has many similar qualities.
Crochet materials needed:
- 3 Balls of Darn Good Yarn Premium Sari Silk
- 1 Ball of Black Sari Silk Yarn
- 3 yards Hemp yarn
- size 5.5 crochet hook or size to obtain gauge
- Darning needle
- 1 coconut button
- 3 Stitch Markers
(or you can get our discount kit which includes everything you need)
For the knitted version: This bag is knit in the round, from the bottom up. You can use double-pointed needles or circular needles, whichever you prefer! The pattern is written for double-pointed needles with the changes for using a circular needle in parentheses.
Knitting materials needed:
- 4.5 mm (US/UK 7) needles (4 double-pointed or 1 circular)
- 3 stitch markers (if using a circular needle)
- 3 balls of recycled sari silk yarn
- 1 ball of recycled sari black silk yarn
- 3 yards (3 m) of hemp yarn (or other yarn as desired to make