Intro to Rug Hooking
Saturday, July 16th, 2022
Learn the Art of North American Rug Hooking in the port city of Portsmouth, NH
Exclusive 1-Day Rug Hooking Class
Join renowned Parris House Wool Works Fiber Art Studio Owner and Artisan, Elizabeth Miller and Darn Good Yarn's very own Nicole Snow for a fun day of learning the art of North American Rug Hooking.
The class is structured for one-session and the instructors will get you started on a 6" x 6" Maine Mountains mug rug pattern! (You get to choose your own colors and fibers!)
The price of the class includes:
- An educational introduction to rug hooking including:
- History of the craft
- An overview of hooking styles
- How to choose hooking wools and other materials, tools, rules (there are very few), tips, and tricks
- Getting started on our projects.
- A demonstration on finishing instructions so you can finish your project on your own time!
- Rug hook
- A 12" hoop
- A 6" x 6" pattern hand drawn on high quality rug warp
- All wool and fibers needed to complete the pattern (you pick the colors and fibers!)
- Printed instructions
- Bonus items:
- Ongoing access to the instructor for questions after class
- New friends
- A new craft to enjoy
Reserve Your Spot!
See what people are saying and photos from our events!
Contact our awesome customer service team via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at 1-518-831-1703.