Welcome to Darn Good Yarn, where we transform the ordinary into the extraordinary. Our journey began 15 years ago from Nicole’s spare bedroom with a simple yet powerful mission: to make sustainability affordable, colorful and fun. With Darn Good Yarn, you're not just buying a product; you're supporting a movement for a greener, more beautiful world.
And speaking of magic, don't miss out on our collection of free patterns, including this Crochet Pleated Headband! At DGY, we're all about sharing the joy of crafting, and our free patterns are a testament to that spirit. Whether you're a seasoned crocheter or just starting, you'll find inspiration in our ever-growing library of free patterns. So, grab your yarn, your hook, and let your creativity run wild!
Grab the PDF version HERE
Crochet Pleated Headband
Skill Level: Basic
By: Shannon @wyldermindcreations
- CH: Chain
- ST(S): Stitch(es)
- Sl St: Slip Stitch
- DC: Double Crochet
- Finished Dimensions: Approximately 2.75"W x 20"L (laid flat).
- Gauge: 4"square: 8 rows of 14 DC
- After the initial chain, check the size around your head. If it needs adjusting, you can add chains or remove some to get the right fit. This pattern does not require a specific starting chain amount.
Ch 70. Join to 1st Ch to create a circle. Be careful not to let the chain twist.
- Row 1: Ch 3 (counts as dc), dc in next ch and each ch around. Join with a sl st to top of starting ch 3.
- Row 2-5: Ch 3, dc in each st around. Join with a sl st to top of starting ch 3.
Fasten off but leave a long tail for sewing.
At the fasten off point, gather the band in an accordion/paper fan fold. Use the long tail to stitch through folds to hold the shape (stitch across a 1.5" area). Secure yarn and trim tail.
Ready to Get Started? Get the Yarn Here!
Join our vibrant community today!
Sign up for email updates HERE to stay in the loop with our latest releases, exclusive offers, and crafting inspiration. Plus, you can spin to win up to a $100 gift card as our way of saying thanks. Let's craft together and make the world more sustainable and beautiful. Join us now!