BEFORE YOU START
The triple crochet, also known as the treble crochet, is a stitch that works up quickly and is used to create longer openings between the stitches. Follow this step-by-step guide to triple crochet your own with Darn Good Yarn's chiffon ombre yarn that works up to be a beautiful shawl.
Join the Darn Good Yarn Challenge to learn a new stitch each month and advance your skills.
Hooks: 12 mm / P-1
Difficulty level: beginner
Gauge: 5 triple crochet X 3 rows = 4 inches X 4.5 inches
Finished dimensions: 40 inches long x 40 inches wide (at top)
Time required: 4 hours
Chain 5; triple crochet in first chain, turn.
Row 1: Chain 5; triple crochet in chain loop, chain 2, triple crochet in loop.
Row 2: Chain 5; triple crochet in chain 2 space, chain 2, triple crochet in chain 2 space, chain 2, triple crochet in chain 2 space. (3 triple crochet total)
Repeat row 2 for rows 3 – 25.
Last row should have 26 triple crochet.
Weave in all ends and tie off.
STEP BY STEP:
1. Yarn over your crochet hook.
2. Yarn over your crochet hook. You should have three loops on your hook now.
3. Put your hook through the loop where you would like for your stitch to be. Yarn over.
4. Pull through the stitch you entered your hook in.
5. Yarn over and pull through the first two loops on your hook.
6. Yarn over and pull through the next two loops on your hook.
7. Yarn over and pull through the last two loops on your hook.
8. Your triple crochet is now complete!