This gorgeous hooded cowl knitting pattern was designed by Chantal Barnett of @YarniqueBlog. Chantal used our Variegated Thick and Thin Wool Yarn to create the snuggliest love bubble for you to keep warm in. This is a great knitting pattern for beginners!
SKILL LEVEL: Basic
- 4 100g Skeins DGY Variegated Thick & Thin Wool Yarn
- US 11 (8mm) knitting needles 24" circular size (not included)
- Tapestry Needle and Scissors (not included)
- Stitch Markers (not included)
- Finished Measures: Hood: 14" x 11" laid flat. Cowl: 12" x 5" laid flat.
- Gauge: 8 garter stitches = 4". Height of stitches is not important for this project.
- The hood is worked flat, then seamed. You'll then pick up stitches along the bottom of the hood to work the cowl in the round.
- Stitches per row are listed in <brackets>.
CO: Cast On
PM: Place Marker
SM: Slip Marker
*-*: Repeat Pattern in Asterisks
BO: Bind Off
CO: 70 sts.
Row 1: K all odd number rows (read chart right to left).
P even number rows (read chart left to right).
Row 40: K 70. <70 sts>
Repeat: Row 1 until work measures 11”. <70 sts>
Finishing: BO all sts.
Assembly: Fold knit fabric in half so to make a 14" x 11" rectangle. Seam the CO edges together starting at the bottom corners and ending at the fold. You will now have a rectangle with one seamed side, two open sides, and the fold.
Begin: With a new strand of yarn CO 10. Pick up 50 sts evenly across the long, straight edge with the seam in the middle, join in the round, PM. <60 sts>
Row 1: *K1, P1*, SM <60 sts>
Repeat: Row 1 until work measures 5”, or desired length. <60 sts>
Finishing: BO all sts. (optional: you may want to use a stretchy bind off) Weave in your ends and you're done!