Project IntroThe chilly, transitional weather between winter and spring is the perfect time to cozy up with a good book, yarn project, and a warm mug of your favorite cozy drink. This little mug snug will help keep your fingers protected from your steamy cup…and it’s super cute to “boot” using the soothing blues, yellows, and oranges of the “Rain Boots” March 2023 Yarn of the Month®!
Sammi May from Featherboxart
Check out Sammi's store on Etsy:
Feather Box Art
SIZING: One size
FINISHED MEASUREMENTS: 3” high x 8” long
- (1) Skein of Darn Good Twist Sport Silk Weight Yarn in “Rain Boots”
- Size G/6 crochet hook (4.25 mm)
- Scissors: to trim ends/tails of yarn
- Yarn needle: to work in any loose ends/tails of yarn
- 1” button of choice
- 10 sts (hdc) = 2” long
- 5 rows = 2” high
- ch = chain
- hdc = half double crochet
- st = stitch
- sts = stitches
- blo = back loop only
- sl st = slip stitch
- There is a ch 1 turning chain between each row (does not count towards stitch count for the row).
- To create a ribbed look, each row is worked in the back loop only.
- ch 15
- Row 1: hdc in 2nd ch from hook, hdc for rest of row, ch 1 turning ch <14 sts>
- Rows 2 - 21*: hdc in blo, ch 1 turning ch <14 sts>
- Row 22: sl st for 5 sts, ch 10, skip 4 sts, sl st last 5 sts <25 sts>
- Bind off, cut tail, and weave ends in
- Using yarn needle, sew button on to middle of Row 2, making sure button matches up with button hole on opposite end of the snug
- Wrap up your mug & enjoy!
*Add more “hdc in blo” rows as needed to fit a bigger mug - measure against the width of your mug before you begin the steps for the final row!