Unique is really what we are all about at Darn Good Yarn. Unique business model, unique ideas, and of course unique yarns. Our name might be a bit deceiving, but did you know that Darn Good Yarn is much more than yarn?
We are a creative lifestyle company and absolutely over-the-top excited about the amazing creativity that our products inspire! It makes sense to share some of our unique crafting ideas for gifts because we want to make holiday shopping easy for you!
1. We carry the coolest stuff that you are most likely not going to find else where! Our felt balls are perfect for felting projects, to add to a poncho, and opens up possibilities with kids projects! Or how about using for jewelry...the possibilities are endless and what a fun gift idea for a stocking stuffer!
2. We have several options for wool yarns that are beautiful. One of the most unique is the Thick and Thin Wool with Felted Mirror Balls. Grandmothers will love receiving this yarn as a gift! Doesn't that get you thinking about what you can make for the kids?
3. Have a crafter who would love to try weaving? Not ready for the big loom or the expense? The Darn Good Yarn Triangle Loom Kit is the one you want to get! Handcrafted of oak or maple wood, this loom kit includes 2 skeins of our handspun yarn. Choose from two different sizes and you have this weaving idea all wrapped up!
4. We have other looms and lots of other kits for a variety of crafting interests. These ideas are a wonderful way to cater to your crafter when you are not sure of what you need. Most everything is included in our DGY kits because we like to make it easy and to make you look good!
5. We're really into recycled materials and love that we can offer so many options for them. Have you seen our Block Printed Handmade Sari Ribbon? I added this to the list because we offer so many options in sari ribbon and its versatile because it can be used in knit, crochet, jewelry making, mixed media, and weaving. I think you will have the bases covered with this nice bundle!
6. How about the dyer on your list? Or the person dying to dye? Our Undyed Yarns come in a whole lot of options and are perfect for the creative soul who would love to experiment with color and create their own colorways. Each fiber has its own dye-able personality and we are super pleased to be able to give you lots of options!
7. Now that you have unique gifts in mind for your crafter, don't stop there! Pack all those goodies into one of our sassy little totes. Certainly a fun way to include all the yarns and notions for your crafter! Okay, so the Jumbo Roving Throw Kit might not fit in there!
Whatever you are seeking for your craft person, I can say we crafters all love getting "stuff" to expand our passion. Just a sampling of unique ideas in this blog post, be sure to check out the Darn Good Yarn website to find more really awesome ideas! How is that list coming along?