Welcome to Darn Good Yarn, where we transform the ordinary into the extraordinary. Our journey began 15 years ago from Nicole’s spare bedroom with a simple yet powerful mission: to make sustainability affordable, colorful and fun. With Darn Good Yarn, you're not just buying a product; you're supporting a movement for a greener, more beautiful world.
And speaking of magic, don't miss out on our collection of free patterns, including this Cirrus Cloud Knit Shawl! At DGY, we're all about sharing the joy of crafting, and our free patterns are a testament to that spirit. Whether you're a seasoned crocheter or just starting, you'll find inspiration in our ever-growing library of free patterns. So, grab your yarn, your needles, and let your creativity run wild!
Grab the PDF version HERE
Cirrus Cloud Knit Shawl
Skill Level: Easy
By: Eliana Epstein
- 1 50g Skein of Lace Weight Silk Yarn
- US Size 15 (10 mm) Knitting Needles
- Tapestry Needle and Scissors
- K: Knit
- P: Purl
- St/s: Stitch/es
- *-*: Repeat Pattern Inside Asterisks
- Finished Size: Approx. 75” Long x 9-12” Wide
- Gauge: 17 Rows x 14 Sts = 4x4”
- Use stitch markers to keep track of where each round.
- Stitch counts for each row are shown in
Cast on 5 sts.
- Row 1: *k1, yo* repeat until 1 stitch is left on needle, k1.
- Row 2: P1, yo, p1, yo, *p* until 2 stitches left on needle, yo, p1, yo, p1.
- Row 3: K1, yo, k1, yo, *k* until 2 stitches left on needle, yo, k1, yo, k1.
- Rows 4-35: Repeat rows 2 and 3.
Bind off all sts.
Fasten off and weave in ends. Make sure to save an ample amount of yarn for fringe.
Cut approximately 270 6” long pieces of yarn.
Tie Fringe: Tie 3 pieces of fringe at a time to one side of the shawl with the single knot fringe method BLO:
- Hold 3 of strands for one knot of fringe together. Fold in half.
- Hold the loops behind the hole you want it to go through
- Pull the ends of the fringe through both the stitch hole and the fringe loop, creating a knot.
- Pull tight. Enjoy!
Ready to Get Started? Get the Yarn Here!
Join our vibrant community today!
Sign up for email updates HERE to stay in the loop with our latest releases, exclusive offers, and crafting inspiration. Plus, you can spin to win up to a $100 gift card as our way of saying thanks. Let's craft together and make the world more sustainable and beautiful. Join us now!