This time of year brings out the baker in all of us.
After all, the holidays wouldn’t be as sweet without these traditional treats!
We are #BakingCheerThisYear with our local, Upstate NY friends, Pinhole Press and Beekman 1802. It’s super simple to join us, each recipe you try from this Pinterest board earns you an entry to the grand prize (valued at $1,000+!).
Plus, a batch of delicious cookies is not a bad consolation prize.
Speaking of cookies…
We love ALL cookies, but we chose to DGY-ify the classic sugar cookie. Each sugar cookie is like a little blank canvas that you can shape and decorate however you’d like. We prefer lots of frosting and sprinkles.
Grab the oven mitt that you knit (or the potholder you crocheted) and let’s get to baking:
- 2 3/4 cups Bob's Red Mill All Purpose Gluten Free Baking flour
- 1 teaspoon bakinda soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 & 1/12 cups white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Sweater and Stocking shaped cookie cutters
- Decorative Frosting (we purchased pre-made tubes of the colors we wanted, but you can easily make your own frosting)
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and baking powder.
- In a separate, larger bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla. Gradually, blend in the dry ingredients. Roll out the cookie dough onto your bare, clean surface (or put down wax paper), it should be 1/4" thick. Use your sweater and stocking shaped cookie cutters to shape your DGY sugar cookies. Carefully move them over to the ungreased baking pan.
- Bake the cookies for 8 to 10 minutes in your preheated oven, or until golden brown on the edges. Let stand on cookie sheet two minutes before removing to cool on wire racks.
This recipe was adapted from All Recipe's Easy Sugar Cookie Recipe
Show us your cookies, tag #BakingCheerThisYear!
Want to keep in touch with DGY and be notified when new blog posts are published? Create an account and sign up for our News Letter!