Gifts For Knitters: Two Perfect and Budget Friendly Ideas
Hey there! I don't know about you, but I love giving gifts so much! Unfortunately, my wallet doesn't always align with the caliber of gifts I want to give. OR maybe you're in a different boat and don't knit or crochet but have someone in your life that does and are looking for the perfect gift for them... look no further, I've got you covered. AND i'm not going to give you a list of 20 different things you have to sort through and decipher what's best for who and all of that. I have two different ideas for you that you are just going to love and they will fit any budget. So without further ado, here they are:
Gifts for Knitters and Crocheters
Darn Good Yarn of the Month
This is the ideal gift for your best friend, wife or mother. It's easy on the wallet but it just keeps on giving so every single month your special person will be reminded of your love for them. In each package they will get a premium skein of yarn, an awesome surprise item and a pattern(both knit and crochet). They will also get a postcard talking about some of the awesome women from our cooperatives who hand-make our the yarn in each box and a special note talking about the month's project. Did I mention it's only $10 plus a flat shipping rate?! <3 Check it out here.
Handmade Wooden Yarn Bowl
While this doesn't keep giving in the same way that the Monthly Yarn Club does, it keeps on keeping on in a different way. These gorgeous yarn bowls are handcarved and they are so sturdy they will last for years to come. Perfect for any level fiber artist! We have several different ones to choose from, which you can find here. Below is a picture of our bestseller and you can purchase it by clicking the image. (It's only $34.50 if you use the code YB50 at checkout.)
We often get questions about how to choose a gift for a knitter or crocheter. Now, unless they are a beginner or picking the art back up after a couple of years, its quite likely that they have a whole stash of yarn and everything else from needles and hooks and patterns. Who knows, they might even have a yarn bowl... and probably won't buy another one for themselves even if they would like a second one. That's why we chose these two items as the perfect gift for the fiber lovers and artists in your life.
Getting a simple and fun DIY knit or crochet project/kit in the mail each month is truly ideal no matter what stage they are at - kids and adults, beginners, intermediate, advanced. PLUS the yarn included is a premium yarn and are truly unique fibers that you won't find anywhere else. Better yet, you are giving them a gift that also gives back and we will include a beautiful document in each package telling them all about the women artisans that are helping around the world.
- Amanda Schermerhorn
- Tags: artisan best monthly subscription boxes best subscription box best yarn crafting creative lifestyle darngoodyarn dgy fiber art friends gift gift boxes handmade inspiration kit kits knit knitting life style monthly boxes for women monthly subscription boxes for women project subscription box for women subscription boxes for women yarn bowl yarn box yarn club
What To Wear With Your Wrap Skirt
Maxi skirts are the new black. Being so versatile, you can get at least 5 different looks from your one stapled wardrobe piece. My favorite part about my Wrap Skirt is that I am able to throw one on with a tee-shirt or sweater for a cozy, casual look for wine or yoga with the girls but dress up the same piece for my cousin's wedding on Saturday evening.
- Kate Nitti
- Tags: albany arm knitting aztec maxi skirt banana yarn bead box beads best subscription box best subscription boxes black maxi skirt outfits chevron maxi dress chevron maxi skirt chevron skirt chiffon clothing color cotton craft crafting crafts darn good yarn darngoodyarn dgy diy do it yourself double slit maxi skirt elephants empowerment explore fair wages family fiber gift gift boxes gift card gray maxi skirt outfit handcraft india knit knitting maxi skirt maxi skirt outfits maxi skirt with a crop top maxi tulle skirt mint green maxi skirt outfit nepal shawl skirt skirts slit maxi skirt spring striped maxi skirt outfit subscription box summer travel unique unique fiber upstate new york what to wear with a maxi skirt women wool wrap yarn yarn box yarn club yarn store near me yarn stores near me
4 Romantic Ways to Gift Creative People Monthly
Romance lives on! In a world that can often feel full of challenges, romance can bring love, excitement, and share joy in our lives. And remember, romance can come in so many ways so why not be the one to put that sweet "I Love You" idea out there.
While Valentine's Day is a holiday to let your loved one or ones know just how much you care, why not give them a delivery each month? In sending a monthly subscription from Darn Good Yarn, you are reminding that special someone just how much you care! How romantic is that? Here are three of our subscriptions to get you started:
1. Our Darn Good Yarn of the Month subscription is a sweet deal and a fine way to say "I Love You" every month. The really neat thing is that each month your recipient will get a pattern, a skein of one of our unique fibers, and a crafting "goodie". Oh, and this one might be great for self-gifting!
2. Have a bead loving crafter in your life? Our Darn Good Beads of the Month subscription is really going to bring some heartfelt bling to their doorstep! Each box contains high quality beads, facets, and a seasonally themed project with step-by-step instructions for any skill level. With each delivery, you will deliver new techniques and provide new and exciting fair trade materials to that someone special!
3. Perhaps you want to send some of the best of the best each month? The Premium Darn Good Yarn subscription does just that! Bundle your love up with a special delivery each month that will inspire and give options for exploring new creative pathways. We pack each box with the joy of creativity just for the one you love!
Every month, the person you gift will receive a perfectly curated box with 200 grams of yarn, a surprise sample card of yarn and a pattern. The inspiration for our monthly boxes come from artists just like you! Each month, we carefully select an Artist of the Month whose pattern will be featured in an upcoming Darn Good Yarn Club box.
4. Our monthly subscriptions can be a romantic way to keep that love and happiness coming in a special delivery. Here's yet another thought for that creative person- the gift of choice! A Darn Good Yarn gift card! At our house, we say "options are a good thing" and you can get a downloadable gift subscription for Valentine's Day or whenever. We love creating happiness!
Gift cards come in may denominations so pick what works for you and it comes as a speedy download! Why, you could give a gift card every now and then, knowing that your love and thoughtfulness gives the wonderful gift of choice!
Our DGY romantic ways to gift creative people are ideas that keep on giving. Add a bottle of wine, a night out, or a sweet card. Whatever your style, the Darn Good Yarn team would love to hear how you wrapped your romance with Darn Good Yarn!
8 Valentines Day Gift Ideas for Creative People
Feed the Passion
Crafters are passionate about what they do, the materials they use, and creating incredible handmade gifts. This is the season of love, though all things at Darn Good Yarn "start with love", and we want to share with you some really awesome Valentine's Day ideas for gifting your crafter and those seeking the creative lifestyle.
Yes, we love our wine! We love our chocolate! Here is what really will set our creative hearts a-flutter this Valentine's Day! Pick out a gift that really sparks our fires and makes us fill up with love and happiness. Here are a few suggestions of what Nicole and the DGY team are loving right now:
1.We created this one just for you! Ogle over our Best of Darn Good Yarn Packs which will give your crafter both an amazing selection of our yarns and a darn good sale price! Note the gorgeous "Struck by Cupid" color choice-perfect for your love!
Struck by Cupid contains 1 skein of white yak, 1 skein of pink suede ribbon, 1 skein of pink windswept ribbon and 1 skein of red multi-colored banana fiber. All packs come with a free DGY silk bag! What's not to love?
2. Hand crafted yarn bowls are the perfect gift for the knitter, crocheter, or fiber arts person in your life! These amazing bowls are better than candy because they have over 550 great reviews AND provide work for over 50 people. Providing sustainable work is something we can all feel happy about and is oh, so sweet!
We offer several options for bowls so check it out. Our Designer Craft Pack makes another almost-better-than-chocolate Valentine's gift! With fiber, pattern, needles, bowl, and bag this is an impressive gift all in one! This is going to have you looking good!!!
Writing You a Love Letter
3. Honestly, with crafters if you buy any beautiful fiber, you have it covered. The truth is we all have a fiber addiction and you may as well feed it! Take a look at our gorgeous fiber options and throw together skeins of love. This wool is "Love Letter! Believe me, you can't go wrong with that Valentine's gift!
4. Does #3 above make you a bit nervous? Hey, we want to make this fun so don't go there. If you are not sure about what to choose (though you can't go wrong), how about giving the gift of choice? The Darn Good Yarn gift card allows you to encourage your crafting person the extreme pleasure of choosing fibers, clothing, or other goods right from our site!
Wrapped with Love
6. Speaking of clothing (yes, we support the creative lifestyle even if you are not crafty), have you seen our amazing skirt line? Through Nicole's collaborative efforts with co-ops in India, we are able to carry the most amazing, fair trade handmade skirts while providing year round work for women! Buy this Gift Giver Pack for all your loves!
7. Or how about our cotton skirts? Our maroon maxi skirt has a feel of Valentine's colors with an exotic flair. Our cotton skirts, with amazing color choices, might just be perfect for your vegan love, too!
8. Wanna give a gift that keeps on giving? Over the moon in love and want to have a Valentine's Day gift that goes far beyond a one time gift? We love creating happiness and our monthly gift subscriptions are the perfect way to have a special delivery go to that special someone! Check this link for details on how they work!
We offer both yarn and bead subscriptions so if you have a mixed media artist in your life, the monthly bead delivery is just perfect for keeping those heartfelt feelings going! A great way to put a bit of sparkle in your love life, we know this one is sure to win hearts!
One of Nicole's goals for this year is to create happiness. The Darn Good Yarn Team is on it and taking action on ways to bring more happiness to you. Whatever and whoever you love, this list of things we are passionate about is sure to be a hit-and hey, be sure to gift yourself this Valentine's Day! xo
How To Use a Darn Good Yarn of the Month Subscription
Monthly subscriptions are a big part of Darn Good Yarn. With so many fair trade and unique handcrafted fibers, one of our goals is to figure out the best way to get those fibers into your hands. We know there is nothing ordinary about the fibers we carry and we also want to inspire you to try new things!
Like this sweet little grandchild, we are really excited about our yarn and bead subscriptions! Getting word out there about our Darn Good Yarn Monthly Yarn Subscription has been easy thanks to the many new members we have! That being said, photos of what people receive in their special delivery package might be the best explanation of all!
We will send a pattern each month and you can use it or add it to your collection.The beautiful photo above is from Richie on facebook! This Darn Good Yarner decided to venture out on her own and made this fun hat that her granddaughter is wild about! And so are we!
Each month, the Yarn of the Month Club members will receive a sampling of Darn Good yarn, a pattern, and some other goodie. In December, packages included a skein of recycled sari ribbon, a scarf pattern, and US size 15 wooden knitting needles.
Around the 20th of each month (providing you have signed up previous to the 1st of the month), there will be a unique delivery and we are offering this for $10 plus shipping of $4 in the lower 48 and $6. for anywhere else. Bargain, right? Please read our FAQ for more information about the Darn Good Yarn of the Month Club!
Patterns may be for knit, crochet, or some other craft! This is intended as an appetizer, a dabbling in fiber(not the kind that you eat!), a delicious taste that leaves you wanting more!
Some interesting suggestions from those receiving our basic subscriptions:
- One person is going to receive the package and then re-gift it to a different crafting friend each month
- Another wants to save each month's delivery and at some point use all the fibers, notions, and a pattern to make one very diversified handcraft with the fibers
- Many people are ordering this as an ongoing gift (remember, you can opt out when you want) for the crafter in their life, near or far
- And many more are gifting themselves and love the anticipation of a special crafting delivery each month
In letting you know about our Darn Good Yarn of the Month subscription, I certainly want to share some of our gang that shared what the scarfs they made with the December supplies.
Being a color junkie and a purple lover, I chose to post some gorgeously rich purples. Our Darn Good Yarner, @demonpeepers, loves purple as well and looks great in this creation she whipped up!
Subscriptions are intended as suggestions-some may dive in to the project such as our scarf pattern in December, our upcoming Artist of the Month pattern, or just add it to their pattern stash. There are no rules with our subscriptions and the intent is to have some fun while pushing boundaries with fiber! A fun, education in crafting!
Consider our Darn Good Yarn of the Month and options for how to use it or share it with others. Then consider that we have other craft subscriptions including our Premium Darn Good Yarn of the Month and our Darn Good Yarn Beads of the Month!
This company starts with love and always has. Whether for yourself, friends, or that crafting grandchild, Darn Good Yarn subscriptions are one sweet delivery offering a springboard to creativity and unique crafting. We love shipping out a little happiness for you each month! What's on your doorstep?!!!
Thanks to Our Darn Good Yarn Family
Take Time to Breathe
Wow! What a whirlwind this time of year is! Parties, holidays shopping, logistics, and more festivities! Maybe, it's because I am older, but I now look at this time of year selectively! I love that craziness because it makes the dark days go by and that is fine with me! But, I also remind myself that it is also a time to find peace and I take time to breathe!
The gang here at Darn Good Yarn wishes you those moments of peace and wants to share our story, too, We are going to pause and breathe for a moment as we reflect on the sustainable, year round work we are able to provide for 600 women around the globe.In providing appropriate work, families not only survive, but thrive!
We also want to take a moment to consider that we have now kept more than one million pounds of silk material from going to landfills. In having a recycled material line, we are offering amazing fibers such as our sari ribbon, AND being conscientious about Mother Earth. This needs to happen and we are super proud to be on the front lines of reclaiming and recycling. It just makes sense!
And of course, we want to take time to thank our Darn Good Yarners. Whether purchasing our sari silk skirts, our gorgeous fibers, or the cozy-warm winter socks, it's you who makes this company model work. Thank you, thank you, thank you for your belief in what we do and for being part of our family!
Our Wish to You
Whatever you celebrate this time of year, the Darn Good Team wishes you health and happiness, time to breathe and find peace. And of course, opportunity for the joy of creating! We believe in "starting at love" and encourage you to gift yourself this personal mission, as well. As always, the sun returns (hooray!) and how fortunate we are to have our Darn Good Yarn family taking another spin in this darn good world! Again, thank you!