Hey here are some great ideas for the crafter in your life for this holiday season! Be sure to read our series of holiday gift ideas - we love supporting you as you look for the perfect gift!
Are you a crafter who needs supplies? Do you have a crafter in your life that you want to shop for and don’t know what to get? Have someone that you want to give something to but are not sure what that would be? Here at Darn Good Yarn, we’ve gotcha covered and have developed this shopper’s guide for creative lifestyle inspiration! Not sure what you need? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org because we love to help you get that perfect something for the wonderful someone!
We crafters can never have enough “stuff” but unlike a true hoarder we love to use our stuff and make room for more. Whatever crafting is done, we are sure to create something perfect for gifting.
1. Beads, beads, beads! Now really, who wouldn't love a craft project involving beads that's delivered right to your door? Darn Good Yarn has a bead subscriptionfor the bead-lover in your life. This is gonna be great because it is one of those gifts that keeps on giving!
2. Yarn bowls make great gifts! Practical and beautiful, these bowls are lovely accents in the home. This makes a great candy bowl for the non-crafter, too! And with two options, this fits every lifestyle.
Made in India, these sheesham bowls provide work for families so that they may provide for their families. In purchasing these bowls, you are giving the gift of change. What a great gift idea!
3. Looking for a way to add a little something extra to your gift? This amazing tool will help you with creating things like a spiral loop frog or a fishtail frog/button. You will be able to learn how to make your own embellishments following the instructions in this set. Or you can create your own embellishment, unique to you! How cool is that?
4. Hello weavers! Did you see these adorable, wooden note clips? We crafters are always messing around with ideas and inventing things and these clips are perfect for hanging on to our notes, hanging on to a bit of warp or weft, or hanging up your jewelry wire. And with all the math in some of our craft projects, these are what we need to stay organized! All crafters will find many uses for these handy clips.
5. And if you know a weaver, you may know a spinner wanna-be! Okay, I confess. I am a super amateur weaver because I don't put down my knitting needles enough! I love weaving when I do it and for those of you who don't know what to buy for a weaver or spinner, have you thought about a simple drop spindle?
6. Undyed silk cotton will be great to cut dye spin and make custom blends for the spinner in you life. If you are not sure about hand spinning, remember that Darn Good Yarn has a great selection of handspun yarn, gorgeous and the work is already done for you!
7. Here is one of those ideas that I totally want...hint, hint! Darn Good Yarn has a yarn club! It's a bi-monthly subscription that delivers yarn to your doorstep. Each month is a little different. We include new yarns to invigorate your senses. Darn Good Yarn works with artisans all over the world to make beautiful and unique yarns to helps inspire your projects and live a more artful life.
8. Or how about our amazing, awesome, totally cool Bead Club? This is the gift that keeps on giving as you will be sending your bead lover a subscription for bead projects to arrive right at their door!
Stay tuned because we are going to have more ideas specific to knitters, crocheters, jewelry makers, bargains, and more! Keeping an eye on our blog always makes darn good sense!
Wishing you the best this holiday season from the team at Darn Good Yarn!