This is episode 4 of "Darn Good Yarn Live".
Click on the play button to play the stream from YouTube. The chat room is below the video feed. To chat, choose a nickname and type the warped words you see in the text box. Wait for a moment for it to log you in, then type in the white space below and press enter to send a message to the room.
If you are IRC savvy, you can join the chat with your favorite IRC client. Just point it toward #darngoodyarn on irc.freenode.net.
Show notes for this episode:
- Featured yarn of the week
- Getting on with life while North Korea is threatening thermo-nuclear war
- Nicole's quick business tip
- Jen's craft tip: reworking patterns to suit handspun yarn
Helpful IRC Tips:
- If your chat window isn't scrolling, scroll to the bottom of the chat manually and then click on the "#darngoodyarn" button at the top of the chat window. If successful, it should mark the bottom of the chat with a horizontal rule and start scrolling automatically again.
- Put "/me " in front of your message to role play.
(e.g. "/me hugs Jen" yields "* Brandon hugs Jen" in the chat rather than "<Brandon> hugs Jen".)
- Type "/nick NEWNAME" to change your nickname. Warning: there are a lot of people on the IRC server so expect the generic ones to be taken.
- If you lose connection to the chat room, the best way to get back in is to just reload the page and log in again. You may need a new nickname until the server realizes your old one is not responding.
- If the chat window is too small for you, you can use use a full-screen version at http://webchat.freenode.net. Just put in #darngoodyarn as the channel.