Hey dear friends, here we go continuing our holiday gift ideas. This time we are pleased to share thoughts on gifts for the beginner and kids, too. Hobby inspiration is what we love to do and be sure to check our blog for more posts about holiday gift giving!
1. The gang at Darn Good Yarn loves keeping things easy for our customers. We create a lot of project kits. How about a great little bag of goodies for your beginner such as our Designer Craft Pack? If you are not sure what to get, this is a sweet little combo that is sure to be a hit with the beginning crafter on your list.
2. One of my all time favorites is the Knitting Needle Gauge Ruler. This ruler is an easy carry along and I am forever wanting to measure the little grandchildren projects. The holes are for needle sizing and I use that a lot too for my double pointed needles that I have no idea what size there are! Tools make life easier for the beginning crafter and this is one to have!
3. Knitters need needles! The DGY Bamboo Knitting Needles will give your beginner a wonderful selection of sizing options. Made from bamboo, these needles have a nice stitch slide and are earth friendly, too!
4. Looking for the ultimate beginner idea? Arm knitting is super popular and works up large which makes crafting easier for the beginner. We have made it easy for you, too, because we have put everything you need for a gift into this Arm Knit Kit! Keep in mind that there are other DGY project kits depending upon what you want to gift your beginning crafter.
5. And speaking of kits for beginners, do you have a youngster wanting to get into fiber arts? How about the DGY Mini Rainbows Matching Knit Scarf Kit for Kids? Scarves are the best place to learn for kids or adults, and with this kit children can make a scarf for themselves and one of their little buddies!
6. Winter projects are always enjoyed and another great beginner crafting project for all ages is our Make Your Own Bangle Kit. Jewelry making, no matter the age, is a great way to explore fiber and have the satisfaction of a lovely bangle for a finished project. That's a great idea for the kids on the list!
7. Crochet can be as easy or challenging as you want it to be. A great idea for your beginning crocheter is the Hemp Scrubby Pattern. A size E crochet hook, hemp, and a few basic stitches and your crocheter will have this useful scrubby crafted in no time!
8. Looking for something that doesn't require needles or hooks? Perfect for the beginning crafter, our simple Burlap Placemat Kit (photo below) is super easy, creating beautiful table setting with a natural feel. Your beginning crafter will be pleased to put these placemats on the table or gift them to a friend!
So whatever the age and the ability, be sure to pick up some Darn Good beginner projects and notions for your gifting this year. With all the festivities and celebrations that the days of winter bring, we wish you health and happiness and some darn good, heartwarming projects!