Abask Recycled Sari Ribbon Shrug

May 16, 2011

Salt Lake Sari Ribbon Shrug 002Not bad for a Monday…

OK, I am so excited because I have finished up a knitted shrug pattern for you. If you have watched the blog since Friday you will know that I well… ran into some problems to put it lightly. If you would like to see the comedy of errors (which includes cutting the wrong sleeve off), visit this blog post: Friday the 13th Strikes at Darn Good Yarn

But now the Abask Recycled Sari Ribbon Shrug Pattern is DONE and I’ve decided to make it a freebie!

And you can download the pdf by clicking on this link below (you might have to scroll):

Click here to get your free pdf download of “Abask”!

Ready to make yours?

Set…..

Go…..

Check out the colors, perfect for this project by clicking here or on any of the pictures

Thank you for all of your support!

xoxo,

Nicole, Mikey and Squeakers

nicole@darngoodyarn.com

twitter: twitter.com/darngoodyarn

facebook: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=31420369517&ref=ts

1. xmoves8 says:

Mahalo (thank you) for being so candid! Beautiful shrug… Appreciate your sharing the pattern.

2. diane says:

i love this and cant wait to make one for my daughter but cant seem to find the pattern on here, can anyone help me out?

3. Beth says:

How to I go about blocking a shrug (different pattern) that I made from recycled sari yarn

• nicole says:

Hi Beth, So for blocking with the silk, you would do it just like you would any other project, but just be sure to watch out for any dye (don’t put this on a white surface…just in case). :) Nicole

4. Diane says:

Hi. Love the shrug. I have had a problem with a cople other shrugs that I have made. They will not stay up on my shoulders. Would you think too wide or not wide enough. Any suggestions? Thanks

• Jen says:

Without seeing a picture, my guess is that the back length might be too long, so when your arms hang down, the back bunches up a little and the shrug slips off your shoulders. Another thought might be the yarn you’re using. If you’re used to wool yarns, knitting with silk presents its own challenges. You could try switching to a smaller needle if you’re using the sari ribbon (and possibly removing a few back rows). That might help the shrug keep its shape a little better and prevent it from slipping off your shoulders.

I hope that answers your question, Diane!