We greatly value your support and thank you for your important feedback.

Skip to the bottom to make a comment →

1. brenda says:

I am using recycle revolution to make a cowl. I am concerned that the ends of the yarn are unravelling and I am worried that after I have sewn in the ends, it will start to unravel again. I could make a knot in it I suppose which will likely not be noticed…. any idea?

2. Louanne says:

I need an easy mitten pattern, I bought beautiful yarn from you and cannot wait to dive in.

3. Louanne says:

Wonderful meeting you @ Fiber college in Searsport! Love the yarn and your enthusiasm.

4. janet says:

just found your site and love it — i will be back. don’t you just love that silk.

5. Denise says:

I was so excited when I received the beautiful silk sari ribbon yarn. I have already finished 2 45 minute scarves on size 19 needles, and I just ordered more yarn and the size 17 needles this time.

I am doing a craft show in the fall and I am hoping that people will at least admire them, if not buy them.

so hard to decide on what colors to order, soon I will have them all!!

thanks for such an easy pattern!

6. AMEEDAH ABDULLAH says:

Hi, Nicole,
    I have to add my comments to the loads of others who are praising this yarn. It’s simply beautiful and it feels so luxurious. I just love the 45 minute scarf. Actually, I didn’t use the whole skein as the scarf was so narrow I reached my length with yarn to spare. I think I would have made it wider if I had known this – but it’s a great pattern and I’m totally pleased with it. It was sweet to not have to work for days to see a finished product! I’m especially happy to know that this purchase was able to assist women in need. Keep up this effort. Are there any other patterns that are available? Thanks.

7. Kelly says:

Where are you located in Maine? We are stationed in Naples Italy and soon to retire to our home town in Northern Maine .

8. Michelle B. says:

Nicole,
    Thanks so much for providing such awesome products! I only wish I knew how to knit! I use your products, especially the banana fibers and the sari silks and yarns, in my jewelry designs and they are very well received! I can’t say enough about your wondeful customer service or your products – Thank you again!!

9. Ulana says:

I just recommended your link to a friend who is looking to transition from dyeing her hair to going naturally gray (she didn’t want her roots to show). You scarf/headband technique is the perfect solution and it’s chemical free! Thanks for the video!

10. Patty says:

Your yarn is beautiful and I read so much about it around the internet! Can’t wait to try it myself. . . . soon, very soon.

But, I wish there was more information about the areas of India and Nepal you help with the sale of this yarn and how you help them. What portion of the sales goes back to the women who make this yarn? 10%? 50%? 75%? I also understand Darn Good Yarn is family owned, but owned by whose family? Yours or the women in India and Nepal?

These questions may seem in poor taste to some but if I am going to support a worthy cause I want and need to know more.

Thanks for understanding!

11. Anne Moore says:

Just finished the 45 minute scarf. It came out pretty well but are there supposed to be alot of little threads bunched together throghout? they look like balls of fuzz. I cut some out and had little threads all over the place. It was almost like the ribbon was unraveling. Is this normal ?

• nicole says:

Hi Anne!

I saw your question on the site. Not to worry about the ribbon, you can just trim fuzzy parts (sometimes they need a little hair cut) it’s nothing to worry about. The edges of these sorts of ribbons are unfinished because they are hand torn . But just carefully give it a little haircut and you’ll be set!

Have fun
      Nicole

12. jane parker says:

Hi Nicole,

My hands hurt!!!

But I almost have THE scarf made.

It is taking a while, because after every other row, I have to stop and admire it!

I ordered some ribbon just now.

I think I will make large vulgar tassels with it, and hang them from the ends of THE scarf.

Love, Jane

It is 1:24 AM so think I should take to my bed!

13. Caroline says:

Hi Nicole,

Just received your package! Lovely lovely lovely! I cannot wait to get stuck in!

I’m already planning my next purchase!

I think your company is an inspiration, and I hope one day to create something myself which has as much beauty and worth in it’s values.

Namaste!

14. Janice says:

Hi Nicole,
    Got my package on Thursday. Now i must fine time just to sit and knit. Wrapped so very pretty. Beautiful yarn. When i need more, i will contact you.

Hope you are having a great day.

15. Caroline Brown says:

Hi Nicole,

I received my package on Saturday (yippee!) and want to make at least one 45 minute scarf… A really basic question but would you recommend doing the gauge quite tight or loose? I don’t know!

Also, is there anything else you can think of doing with 1 skein of the ribbon yarn?

16. Kim Beardslee says:

Methinks I made a darn good choice when I clicked on Darn Good Yarn!!! My yarn arrived 3.5 hrs ago,and after my initial oohing and ahhing and feeling the softness,texture,and oohing again,all I can say is God bless you for doing what you do and thank you soooo much.Your package was indeed as another said,just like getting a present, and I loved checking out the different yarn bow,what a great way to market your yarn.So it is now close to four hours since I went to your site and that speaks volumes.My brain is in overdrive thinking of what I am going to do as my first project.Love the way you do business Nicole.You will be very successful,I just know it.Thank you again,and I will definitely be back,Kim.

17. Kim Beardslee says:

18. Kathy says:

WOW! Unbelievable service! My Sari yarn came so fast. It was packaged so beautifully. I felt like someone sent me a present. I can’t get what you sell anywhere locally. I love your video diaries. This is a special site.

19. Penny says:

Sari Yarn–Yardage and gauge requested. Besides the 45 minute scarf, what other projects do you suggest knitting with this yarn? Thanks.

20. Amanda says:

Hey so I think it would be really cool if you made a Mohawk hat and put the pattern on your site. they seem really in and i want to make one for my brother thanks :)

21. Lelah Hodgson says:

Where on your site does it say the yardage for your yarns ?? Also guage for the yarns ??

Thank you for any info .
    Lelah H .

22. Just finished by 20,000 Leagues bag.. WOW.. look forward to getting a new shipment and trying Resolution

23. Olga R. says:

Got your message about the free skein of Recycled Resolution Recycled Silk Yarn. Awsume! Love that stuff.
    Love your products….

24. Sharon Johnson says:

Nicole, I received my silk sari ribbon yarn today, and it is incredible! I will be shopping with you again SOON. Thank you for all of your good works!

25. Donna says:

wow are they beautiful and such quick shipment. I will be back!!!!

26. Meredith says:

its lovely, thank you! will be buying more.

27. Pamela says:

Super quick shipping, exactly as described. Very soft sari silk yarn A++

28. Marsha says:

Beautiful!!! thanks…so appreciated

29. Julianne says:

Hi Nicole,

The yarn arrived today and it is perfect. The colors are so vibrant and the yarn so interesting. I can hardly wait to see how my projects turn out. Thanks for hand picking it. Loved the article about you and your business.

Happy New Year.

Julianne

30. Joan says:

beautiful yarn!! and super fast shipping!! thank you much!!

31. Michelle says:

I received my silk sari ribbon yarn a few days ago and there is just one word… GORGEOUS!!! Thank you so much. I have already started shopping and adding more to my cart.

32. Jill says:

Hey Nicole, got my delivery last night and had to tell you the breakin the law yarn is sooo soft I am totally in love. Wherever you got that I hope you can keep it coming and maybe even some other colors some day. I will so be watching for more. Thanks again for the perfect delivery. Talk to you soon. :) Jill

33. melissa says:

I got it yesterday! It’s even prettier in person! Thanks so much for sending it off so quickly. And that sari ribbon is soooo tempting, its gorgeous! I am already picturing the things that I can make with it.

Have a great day!

34. Karen says:

Just got my sari skirt in time for the weekend. LOVE this – looks great but feels so good. Thank you thank you thank you!!!

35. Karen says:

Thank you for your work to bring us all fantastic and inspiring things!

36. Stephanie says:

Nicole,

I received my yarn this morning!!! Divine does not even begin to describe the yarn and its colours. I am especially in love with the tandoori banana silk yarn. How incredibly brilliant! I am so excited to find some funky patterns to showcase your yarn. This should keep me busy for a while.

I am hoping I can learn to knit, as I think it will really do your yarn justice. However, I am going to crochet the black yarn into a luxurious wrap:)

Thank you again so much for having such a wonderful and socially conscious product.

Stephanie

37. erica says:

Hey, Nicole — I got the yarn today. It is AWESOME and GORGEOUS!!! I squealed with glee when I opened the box. Thank you so much! I will definitely keep you posted on what I make with it. I’ve already got a couple of projects in the works.
    ~erica

38. Terri says:

Hi Nicole,

I received my package of silk ribbon yarn today and I am thrilled! This stuff is so neat I can hardly wait to use it. I bought 2 for me and 2 for a friend’s birthday coming up. She will love it, too, I am sure!

Thanks for the speedy, speedy delivery! You make it so much less excruciating to wait for mail order!

Thanks again,
    Terri

39. Karl Mikkelsen (grandpa ) says:

Love your web site first time I loged in.
    Had a great time at your dads grad.I was very proud.will talk to you soon
    love grandpa.

40. I crochet clothing and accessories for women and sell them from my website and at arts & crafts fairs. A few short weeks ago I ordered some of the Landscapes banana fiber yarn in 3 different color combinations and used it all up in about 10 days, making hats, headbands and a scarf. I have many more ideas for this yarn, as well as the recycled silk yarn, and hope the weather will start cooperating so that I can get my next order and get back in the groove of creating cool clothing and accessories with this fantastic yarn. My whole concept of what I am going to feature in my booth has changed since I discovered DGY.

41. Reema B. says:

Hi there,

Awesome website you got here! I personally would love to learn how to knit and I’m even more motivated after seeing your products! However, I’m wondering if its possible I could get a sampler of some of your yarns to see the material for myself? I feel it’s hard to judge simply by seeing them online especially since I know nothing about knitting.

Thanking you in advance,
    Reema B.

• nicole says:

Hi there, I would suggest just ordering one ball of your favorite yarn and experimenting. I also offer samples but I think they are a little too short for you to make any real progress on. If you would like, use the coupon code DGYLOVE to get 5% off your first order! Also, next week I have new yarns and colors that are expected to be in—in case you want to wait and try something new. If you are learning, I suggest getting started with this yarn: http://darngoodyarn.bigcartel.com/product/nicoles-banana-fiber-yarn-recipe

Very best,
      Nicole

42. Faith says:

We’ve had a cold snap, and I now have proof that the mittens I made with the recycled silk this summer are great mitt liners.

43. Mollie says:

This yarn is so wonderful and soft. Let me tell you if I won a few skeins it would be like I hit the lottery! You all should try this yarn, nothing better than this!

44. Faith says:

Connie, have a look at the poncho pattern on offer. The model in the picture is quite young, but don’t get the wrong idea. The pattern includes sizes up to adult.

45. Connie says:

Hello Dear Nicole!
    I know this is your busiest time of the week, so I will not bug you. I love the things you have added to your site! Awesome and the quality appears to be amazing. One thing I noticed when knitting a scarf our of the silk on my loom is that this yarn tends to lie beautifully. It is comfy, warm but not too warm, elegant in its drape, and just darn good fun to wear (sorry about borrowing your phrase)! I thought you would like to know that my opinion on this is that a poncho or shawl would be AWESOME in this yarn!! Its drape is quite dramatic and lovely. You and Mike look so sweet in your newest photo!!! Keep ‘em coming! I’ll talk to you late!
    Namaste
    Connie

46. Shannon says:

How about you rock?!?!?!!? I got your package(s)!!!!!!! Dude!!! You so sent me fabulous yarn and a bonus fabulous yarns!!!!! I’m planning a plain weave scarf……….something that will really show off the colors;) Thank you thank you thank you thank you for such a fabulous package!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will be back;)

47. nicole says:

Ok, I must have entered a time warp or something-I ordered on Thursday-Yep, October 22-Just picked up the order in my mailbox!!! Everything is beautifully wrapped and wonderful and smells sooo good. I will be telling all of my knitting friends about …you. Really want to start a bunch of projects but have a bunch of grandkids here…hmm…wonder if I can teach a 4 year old to knit. I am so excited to have found you-Thanks.

48. Nikki says:

Got my big package of sari yarn yesterday and LOVE it!! I also love the way it was packed in tissue paper (which I will reuse, BTW) and with the “smell good” and handwritten note. What a pleasure to open that special box! Good marketing, guys — makes a difference.

Cheers!

49. Joy says:

I ordered this yarn on Cape Cod on Friday night and it was here on Monday when I got home from work. FABULOUS! Thank you so much for everything—I’m so excited ! YAY!

A most satisfying transaction in every way

50. Faith C. says:

I can now tell you beyond a doubt that the silk socks work to keep your feet warm when it’s below freezing in a tent.