Wrists and fingers
As we age muscles and joints tend to tighten and fatigue more quickly. Here is a simple warm up.
- Open fingers as wide as you can and hold for 5 seconds.
- Close fingers into a fist and hold for 5 seconds.
- Repeat three times.
- 1. Slowly circle your wrists in one direction 5 times.
- 2. Flex or bend your wrist so your fingers only are facing up toward the sky.
- 3. Hold for 5 seconds.
- 4. Slowly circle your wrist in the other direction 5 times.
- 5. Flex or bend your wrist so your fingers are facing the floor.
- 6. Hold for 5 seconds.
- 7. Repeat this sequence 3 times.
These simple warm up can also be performed at the end of your knitting session to help relax your muscles and joints.
In the book Stretches for Those Who Knit and Crochet you will find a
number of stretches and strengtheners. This book can be found at http://www.isobreathing.com
Ellen Miller is a certified Fitness Practitioner/Personal Trainer
teaching for the past 25 years. Ellen writes for her monthly newsletter,
blogs and New Orleans Wedding Magazine. IsoBreathing has been a
recipient for Innovator of the year in 2006 by New Orleans City
Business. She has snippets at http://www.youtube.com/isobreathing.
Ellen sells DVD's,CD's and Booklets of the IsoBreathing program at
htpp://www.isobreathing.com and can be reached at