Archive for May, 2011...
May 31, 2011
Time for another installment of tips to keep you healthy while you craft! Be sure to give Ellen at IsoBreathing Inc.
Strengthening your upper back
This month’s article is a combination of strengthening your upper back along with a shoulder rotation to help improve your posture. When improving your posture your upper and mid back will not tighten as much when knitting for elongated periods of time.
Upper Back Strengthener
- Sit tall with both feet flat on the floor
- Extend both arms forward shoulder height. (Your palms will face each other) Inhale.
- Pull arms back bending your elbows and keeping your arms tucked close to your body. At the same time your arms are in the back position squeeze your shoulder blades together tightly and exhale.
- Hold this contraction for 1 IsoBreathing breath.
- Repeat movement 10 times
- Stand tall with both feet hip distance apart.
- Both hands down at your sides.
- Rotate both arms so your palms are facing in front of you. Continue turning your palms outward and to the side, away from your body, with your thumbs pointing behind you. Your arms are slightly away from your body.
- Squeeze your shoulder blades together.
- Hold for 1 IsoBreathing breath
- Repeat movement 10 times
By performing these two exercises 2-3 times a day you will improve your posture within 2 weeks. Need Proof? Have someone measure you along your back from armpit to armpit while you stand naturally. Wait 2 weeks and re-measure again. You will see a difference. The average improvement is between ½ inch to 2 inches. (the numbers on the measuring tape will lessen.)
May 27, 2011
It’s finally Friday and just after 10am to boot…where did my morning go? Oh I know where…watch the video to find out! Also, have you seen the new Silk Sari Ribbon colors? If not, check them out here: New Sari Ribbon Colors
Also, the shop that was featured in the video below is
Oh and if you’re interested, my new site that I just launched is called http://thecraftywiner.com
Have a wonderful day everyone!
May 13, 2011
Friday the 13th strikes Darn Good Yarn!!! Have a chuckle and watch the video. I also feature a new recycled silk bracelet in the vid that I think you will love!
and now a 2:30p update… the shrug is done!
May 11, 2011
So, it’s officially a hump day here at Darn Good Yarn but that’s good because I’m making something out of recycled sari ribbon yarn but, you’re just to have to watch the video to see what it is:) You’ll also see why I don’t care if I’m fat in my bathing suit this year:)
And remember, there is only a few days left to get 10% off the Original Premium Recycled Silk Yarn! Hurry!