45 min Recycled Sari Ribbon Scarf

August 31, 2010

video loading…

Check out the one skein scarf that’s super easy and takes no time at all to make. Best of all it’s made from recycled silk sari remnants and is created by women. No sweatshops, no child labor and only at www.darngoodyarn.com

To make it:

Get one skein of one of the following yarns:

Get your size 19 knitting needles. Cast on 5 and work the whole skein up in garter stitch. Yea it’s simple. but like what I always say, you don’t need to over-complicate a complex yarn with a crazy pattern. Let the yarn speak for itself!

1. CountrymanMarty says:

L love the idea for this scarf. Where do you get the yarn at?

2. Lin says:

I’d like to get that ribbon yarn for scarf. But yours looks like its varigated not all one color thats what I’d like! Lin

3. janet roggie says:

Please let me know where I can purchase the yarn for the recycled yarn or ribbon. Thanks

4. claire ) says:

Will one skien be sufficient to produce the size of scarf on your demo?

5. Cheryl Mollin says:

I have purchased your silk sari ribbon yarn and have had questions about what to make with it.. I like the scarf, do you have any other ideas for it?

6. Katie says:

Hi Nicole!!
    I just “happened” on your fun demo this morning as I was looking for a scarf pattern and clicked on your link to Here! I loved your enthusiasm and love for size 19 needles!!!! I see you have previously posted your link to purchase your ribbons so I’m off to have a look!!
    Thanks!!
    Katie

7. Caroline says:

I was searching for a scarf pattern that used recycled sari yarn and found your demo. I love the scarf but I would like to expand it into a shawl, so I would like to know how many skeins would be needed to make a rectangle shawl, roughly 24″ x 72″.

8. Kathryn says:

I think that is SOOOOOOO cool! I needed to find a fast scarf pattern, and this fits the bill! Thanks!

9. terri says:

I love it, and nothing better than making a quick and easy project!!!

10. Not sure you got my message, internet going in and out.Dolly Like the scarf.

11. Maria says:

Hi Nicole:
    I just got into your site and looked at your video of the 45 min scarf. So I use size 19 Needles? I have never seen these in the store, where do I get them.

Also I want to make sure that I order the correct ribbon, I want the one looks knotted but when I looked at the pictures of the colors they look more like smooth not with those knots, am I looking at the right ones? These would be great for Christmas presents and so unusual.

Maria

12. jeri says:

I just saw your video and would like to make your beautiful scarf. Do you still have that color available? What is the name?
    Thank you.

13. vld says:

I am wanting your recycled sari-ribbon yarn for the 45 min scarf. I can’t get the pgs that have other links to the colors other than the red yarn. I am wanting the seashore blues, greens, olive colors. Can you direct me to the sight or where I can order the yarn? Thanks

14. riccardo baccetti says:

We offer our office for agent of your products in italy.
    we are also interested in distribution of your product in italy.
    we are very well introduction in italian and european hand knitting market.

best regards

rise srl
    riccardo baccetti

15. Jeanne says:

Hi Nicole!

Great scarf! Thank you for sharing!

I have one skein (75 yards, I believe) of the sari yarn, not the ribbon yarn, but the thinner stuff…

Would this pattern work with the yarn I have? Or do you think I’d need more?

Thanks!
    Jeanne

16. Tammy Williams says:

I am a beginner and I want to try this scarf! I found some yarn at darn good yarn but I only puns size 17 needles! I wanted to try and purchase everything from one place! Will those needles be ok? Thanks for your help! Looking forward to trying this scarf!

17. TAMMY GREENFIELD says:

WOULD LOVE TO ORDER YOUR SARI RIBBON YARN FEATURED IN YOUR VIDEO

18. Lucy Mpia says:

I would like to know if you only sell recycled yarn ?

19. Helen White says:

Lovely colors and great project. Thanks for sharing.

Helen
    Denver, CO

20. Sue Anna says:

I would like to see and purchase yarn but the site doesn’t work for me. Help please

21. Ingrid Holloway says:

I purchased yarn from you from your Memorial Day Special and have started knitting a scarf. I find it to be very interesting as I have doubled the thread and am using size 8 needles in a drop stitch pattern. As I knit, the colors change and each change causes me to reflect on the changes in nature and the way different people view those changes.
    Anyway, my question is:
    What do you recommend to use to wash and soften this finished project? Right now, the scarf is alittle scratchy for around the neck.

22. connie eefsting says:

Hi, wondering do I need only 1 ball of your yarn to make a scarf?
    Connie

23. Myra says:

A few yrs. ago, I happened to pick up similar yarn at my local discount store & I crocheted a wider but as long as your sample photo scarf. It turned out lovely & got a lot of compliments. I will shop on your on line & check on your blog from time to time. Keep up your fun & spirited work. More EZ patterns please, Thanks/Mahalo Pretty Wahine!
    Aloha from Myra

24. Joan says:

I am looking for a scarf ribbon with holes in it. Saw it knitted up but can’t find the ribbon. It is a shear nylon with a print in it. About 3 inches wide. On a roll.

25. Susan P says:

I made something similar, put fringe on both ends and use it for a belt. I have received so many compliments for it.

26. Marsha says:

Got my yarn..Love it! Making scarf now. do have a question tho. Once made, can scarf be washed? and Did you block it?

27. Susan M. says:

I made the scarf and it turned out great. Do you have any other patterns for the sari yarn? I have two skeins (different colors) of sari yarn and would love to try something other than a scarf. Any ideas? Thanks so much.