Welcome to the new, super-duper Darn Good Yarn!!!

July 3, 2009

Well, it’s been a long time coming.

No one tells you when you own your own business you don’t have to everything yourself… I totally missed that memo. I was trying to be photographer (which I still am) and website coder and shipper. I tried and tried and tried and then I realized I needed help….professional help.

So, Tim, a shoutout to you an your team at Aarfie.

So, I incorporated my favorite color… I’ll give you three guesses!

I’ve put a ton of love into the redesign and I hope that you find our new site not just a place to get your favorite unique yarn for your crafting adventures; but you use it as a resource to check out the free patterns, find out what artists I’m featuring are doing, organizing tips and anything else I can think of to make your day easier (think meditation and guest appearances from my favorite yoga instructor Wanda).

And yes, I love love love hearing what you have to say… so you see that comments section below? Well, fill it out and share your voice!

So what do you think?

1. Your Mom says:

Wow….this is incredible!!!!! Very colorful, tasteful and professional. The balls of yarn look great and it is extremely user friendly – not just saying this because you are my daughter….I really mean it. I had fun roaming around here.

Love you bunches,

Mom

2. Chriss says:

Just when I thought DGY couldn’t get any better, this comes along!! Nicole, you rock! You know how to deliver.

3. beth says:

LOVE IT OF COURSE I MAYBE BIASED

4. Kiki says:

I like the new site. However, I noticed that you are changing the “wholesale” price/deal. Before you used to have a paper with # of yarn and discount, then you had a certain percentage, but now, I just do not understand it. I am disappointed with the continued changes to wholesale prices and requiring $500 to benefit more. Other than that, I like the site.

• nicole says:

Hi Kiki!!
      I just wanted to let you know that I’ve actually worked really hard to make the wholesale clientele ordering easier and not have to put so much capital out because we’ve eliminated Wholesale minimums. So if you’re a small business, please be sure to submit your info on our form at http://www.darngoodyarn.com/info/wholesale/

If you’re not a business, I’ve still keep the great price breaks! When you visit the shop we have a special bulk pricing special! Let me know you’re needs, maybe I can point you in the right direction… I might not have been as clear as I could have been in my execution!!

Have an awesome day!

Love,
      Nicole

5. Heather Caswell says:

Hey girl! Love the new site! The products are laid out really nice and i love all the color and vibrancy of the site – -it truly gives off that wonderful energy that you have yourself :)

Just curious with AroundTheOms status? loved that one too!

• nicole says:

Oh sweetie you are too kind to me… Aroundtheom.com will be back soon. Me and Beth are re-grouping and we’ll be back in line soon! I’m thinking yoga goodness!

How have you been?

6. nicole says:

PS..the $500 discount for wholesale clients ordering is meant to alleviate the sometimes ridiculous shipping costs that we’ve all been getting charged for… so it helps us all share the bill! I hope that helps!