Crafting brings us closer together
July 25, 2009
How are you? I had a funny day yesterday. I got these great origami earrings on etsy and I wore them out (in public)*. (see the comments)
What a funny experience I had, almost everyone I came into contact with said something about them. It’s so easy to just get stuck in our own world with our cell phone (or my case cell phones….) and ignore interpersonal communication. I was in one store and the cashier was telling me how good he was at origami and he made me a little origami box… like when does this happen?! hahaBut it was my crafty earrings that brought some conversation above the “hello” into my day and it really gave it a whole new dimension. Interesting. I’ve had the same thing happen when I wear my recycled silk items. In the fall months, my scarves always bring attention. Perhaps because it’s a pretty unique item.
So, keep crafting! What funny conversations have you had a result of your wearable art have you had? Tell me, Tell me!!!
Similar Posts1. Is there anything Lashell can’t do?, 2. Have Faith! Wearable Art, 3. New Pattern: Ruffle Scarf
Thank you for joining.
- It's Bananas! 4 pack color collections of Banana Fiber Yarn$35.96 - On Sale
- FEATURED YARN Save 20% Now! Recycled Photon Rainbow Sport Weight Recycled Silk Yarn$9.59 - On Sale
- Plus Size Multiwear Sari Skirts$35.99 - On Sale
- CLOSEOUT Save 40% Silk Strings- set of 12 different colors$5.99 - On Sale
- Multiwear Recycled Silk Sari Skirt Summer 2013$29.99 - On Sale